The OAI was Established to...
- Encourage, establish, and maintain standards of competence, knowledge, and performance through the maintenance of educational programs and training.
- Provide the vision care doctor an efficient optical dispensing service through the educational programs of continuing education.
- Foster a broader understanding and acceptance of professional opticianry/ophthalmic dispensing as indispensable to the health and welfare of the public.
- Assist state and local governments, their agencies and other public groups, for the benefit of the public in the areas of consumer protection, and public health and safety.
- Cooperate with health, scientific and educational organizations in matters of interest to the field of opticianry and ophthalmic dispensing.
- Promote the advancement of the science and knowledge of opticianry and better eye care to the public.
- Advance the interests and general welfare of opticianry and ophthalmic dispensing as a profession.
Also being offered is an ABO Review course, this is an excellent way to measure your optical knowledge or prepare you for the ABO examination.